Saturday 15 March 2014

God Gave Me A New Life


There came a time in the little years of life that I've lived so far, that I was driven by a zest. A zest to score, a zest to perform well in academics and be the topper. I could hardly distinguish between day and night and I was busy mugging and studying each moment that I got. Anyone elder would say, "Whats wrong in that?"
Well, everything is wrong in that. Being a bookworm, I hardly had any good friends. I hardly knew what love is and what it really means. I didn't have a much loving relationship with my parents. I was always looking to be the topper. This is when I was 16.
Eventually, my health detoriarated and I was kind of what you say 'MALNOURISHED' as you put it. I never really understood the concepts and had their application. So what was the use of this penance anyway?
Many of my acquaintance and my parents frequently guided me, but I was too arrogant to hear. Then came the worst period. I hardly had any concentration in studies, as a result of my sleepless nights. A low score in a few tests dwindled all my winning zest. I was discouraged. For a month or so, I hardly studied. It hardly spoke to anyone. Indulging in nonsensical thoughts and solipsism, the lighthouse to guide my soul was hardly to be seen.
What next?
suicide?
Yes, I had it in my mind. The whole dilemma I was lurking in, maybe you'd have experience the same too.
It was only when I had a wake-up call. The atheist in me considered the omnipotent as the final hope of inspiration. It was this ultimate revelation that is clearly visible and concisely applausible, but idly acceptable. Well, give it a thought and trust in God. He has all the solutions. The Omniscient and the Almighty loves you and cares for you. This is my story in the form of a love poem. Yes, a love poem . And this is nothing in comparison to the love He bestows over us.
~ When the world slowly fade away,
And I plunged into the gloom;
I could see hopes climbing down
From the edifice of courage; the glorious tomb.
Time wasted and days spent;
In the most vain of endeavours,
Hardly did I stopped by and cherished,
The beauty of nature, her grandeur.
Hardly did I value,
The childhood slipping by each moment,
Letting myself pass the time,
Eventually leading to a predicament.
Anticipating the whole family believes,
I'd be the one to carry their burden,
I doubt whether I'd tackle the problems,
Safely jumping through the hurdles.
Seeing the glint in their eyes,
That says, "Son, you're our last stand";
"But I've been too idle, Mom,
If only you could understand."
Inspiration is what I seeked,
To help me out of this abyss,
This catastrophe I brough to myself,
Left me walk with repent and gees.
As I was giving in the hold of life;
With each moment that passed,
Away from my father and mother,
Who'd hold for me regular fasts.


When the world slowly fade away,
And I walked in hell's room;
I prayed to God with all my heart,
And flowers of inspiration bloomed.
'If only I'd prayed a bit early'
I recalled to myself; with a smile,
Perhaps He had a plan in this too,
To lend me wings after walking miles.
Whenever I replay these days,
I hear His whisper from the skies,


'There's no need to live in the castles, my son,

Live in the place your passion lies.'
- Prathamesh Deshmukh

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Want To Hear From You :)