Monday 23 December 2013

Ronnie Doe - The Poet I Admire

I have recently joined a poets' forum 'Family Friend Poems'. I have been reading and reviewing poems when I came across a poet named Ronnie Doe, a 52 year old man from USA. He's an irishman and has now become a poet that I admire the most. I read just 2 poems of his and was deeply moved by his art. Here, I post one of his creations, my favourite poem.

*When Love Walks Out the Door*
Married your sweet wife
Many years ago
Promised her for life
You would love her so
At the reception
Dancing on the floor
No misconception
Love forevermore
On your honeymoon
Love Gods do enhance
Beneath a full moon
Week of true romance
Time and time again
Making love galore
Heart adores it when
Love walks in the door
Married to your wife
Many years gone by
Promise made for life
Sadly starts to die
Knowing she’s true blue
Love firmly planted
Somehow you start to
Take her for granted
With the assumption
She is so naive
Make that presumption
Every time you leave
To engage in sin
Her eyes cry for sure
For she hates it when
Love walks out the door
Married to your wife
You keep stepping out
Vow you made for life
Broke beyond a doubt
Totally content
In your cheating world
All your time is spent
With the other girl
Sneaking in one night
Your whole world is changed
Soon to be ex-wife
Had it all arranged
Begging once again
Answer’s no from her
All because of sin
Love walks out the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Want To Hear From You :)